After checking your potential roofer’s qualifications – license, bond and insurance – and manufacturer certifications, the next step is to ask the pro for a list of references. If you want to learn more about a given company and how the team actually works, talking to suppliers and previous clients should provide you with a clearer and more accurate idea. Here are some important questions to ask.
1. Are their most recent clients happy with the work? When getting client references from your prospective roofers, make sure to ask for ones from the last five projects. These names may or may not be included in the original list they gave you.
There are many reasons why this can happen. One negative feedback may just be a fluke, but you’ll want to watch out for a string of recent roofing projects done poorly. Still, you should call them to confirm. Here’s what to ask:
- Were you satisfied with the results of your residential roofing project?
- Has the project run over the budget? If yes, then how much?
- Would you consider using them again?
2. What do their suppliers have to say about the roofer? The financial solvency of your potential roofers is important, so make sure to ask for at least three references from their long-time material suppliers. If the roofer doesn’t pay their bills, you may end up with a lien on your property or be forced to pay the bills yourself. You should ask the suppliers the following:
- How long have you sold them materials?
- Would you consider hiring them to work on your roof?
- Do they pay the bills on time?
The answers should give you fiscal clues as to how the roofer does business. Make sure to listen carefully and read between the lines to determine how they actually feel about the roofer.
Whether you need roof maintenance or installation, Pressure Point Roofing, Inc. will make sure to deliver only the highest quality results. This is one of the reasons a majority of our previous clients vouch for the quality of our work – and why we remain one of the most well-reviewed roofing companies in the area. Call us today at (541) 772-1945, or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation. We proudly serve Medford and the rest of Southern Oregon.