Facility maintenance is part and parcel of a property manager’s list of duties. There are roof maintenance needs that must be done by the management as a whole, and there are maintenance requests from individual tenants that must be addressed promptly. Juggling between all these responsibilities can be stressful.
Maintenance work cannot and should not be simplified and rushed, there are ways to organize the request process to make it a little more manageable. Let our roofing professionals at Pressure Point Roofing Medford show you a few tips on making maintenance management easier.
Types of Facility Maintenance
Unlike residential roofing, the maintenance of commercial roofs often falls into several categories.
- Routine maintenance are regular service and inspection visits conducted by a professional. This can also be called preventive maintenance as it helps identify potential problems before they worsen.
- Cosmetic maintenance involves giving focus on the aesthetic aspects of your property. While flat roofs by themselves do not necessarily affect curb appeal by much, they can still cause problems which could extend into other more visible parts of a building.
- Deferred maintenance jobs are often requests that are set on a later date due to either budget constraints or lack of urgency. It’s important to mark these requests so they do not get buried and forgotten.
Roofing Maintenance Tips
In a commercial facility, roof repair work can easily become very costly. Because of this, it’s important to educate your staff, as well as tenants who have access to the roof to practice care whenever they need to work on something up there.
- Lessen foot traffic as much as possible. Lay out paths toward common work points such as HVAC equipment, aerials, and other structures to minimize wear on other parts of the roof.
- Dedicate someone to be a maintenance manager whose duties will involve mostly organizing requests and contacting your local roofing professionals.
- Never miss routine checkups and inspections, particularly before the seasons change.
Take advantage of our regular maintenance plans at Pressure Point Roofing Medford to help alleviate some of the headaches associated with commercial roofing maintenance. Give us a call at (541) 772-1945 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation and get a free estimate today. We serve homeowners in Central Point, OR, as well as other neighboring areas in Oregon.