Installing skylights is a substantial investment for any homeowner. Just like getting your roof replaced or choosing new gutters and downspouts, the process requires several decisions. The most important thing is to determine the purpose of your skylights. Fortunately, there is an array of advantages that you can get when you decide to install this light-transmitting structure on your roof. A premier residential roofing company walks you through them.
1. Daylighting: One of the most popular functions of skylights is increased daylighting inside your living space. This is particularly beneficial for dim or gloomy rooms around your home. Sometimes, homeowners add them to areas with high ceilings.
2. Solar heat: Many people think that solar heat gain is a drawback when it comes to skylights. Fortunately, manufacturers have developed glazing technologies for heat control. This includes heat-absorbing tints and low-emissivity (low-E) coatings applied to glass by roof repair specialists.
3. Ventilation: Like traditional windows, skylights help in improving ventilation inside your home. Some types can be cranked open to let cool, fresh air inside. You can cool down an often stuffy room with a skylight.
4. Energy savings: Since a skylight can adequately heat up a room, your need for a heating system is significantly reduced. This leads to reduced energy consumption, which is also good for nature, and more energy savings.
5. Outdoor views: Installing a skylight easily boosts the curb appeal of your home, which in the future, can increase your property resale value. But that is not all. When you look up, your skylight can make a room feel bigger and help stretch your home onto the outdoor space that is well beyond your reach. This creates a beautiful and relaxing view at nighttime, making your roof replacement and skylight addition all worth it.
Planning to give your home a remodel? Pressure Point Roofing, Inc. is here to help you! We offer a wide range of exterior home improvement services, including metal roofing, deck building and skylights installation, to customers in and around Medford, OR. Call our team at (541) 772-1945, or fill out our contact form to start a conversation with one of our specialists.